Thursday, September 29, 2011

Finished looking for damaged objects...

That was a good refresher. I finished running and analyzing RTVDSKINF. I found some more good information on the types of reports that could be run using the RTVDSKINF at IT Jungle. Even though I have access to a custom written library summary tool I found working with the RTVDSKINF reports just as easy and if need I could always SQL the data to retrieve specifics.

Just to be through I also ran the following:
To be able to see if any objects are damaged, run this:
SBMJOB CMD(DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*ALL) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(QGPL/DSPOBJD)) JOB(DSPOBJD) JOBQ(QTXTSRCH)

Then in SQL (STRSQL or WRKDBF or iSeries Navigator, Databases,
right-click Run SQL Scripts) after the above job has finished, do this:
SELECT * FROM QGPL/DSPOBJD WHERE ODOBDM <> '0'


This will also show damaged objects.

After reading pretty much everything on the subject I basically come to the conclusion that the only way I am going to know for sure is by running a system save.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment