Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Error during nightly save operation


Soon after I installed and migrated to the new iSeries 8202-E4B I was informed that and error message from the nightly backup is being received by the system administrator. After diving into the job log I found the following:

40   11/16/11  00:12:46.435826  QSRGENSE     QSYS        *STMT    QSRGENSE    QSYS
From module . . . . . . . . :   QSROBJEC
From procedure  . . . . . . :   qsrSendObjectMsg__FP6qsrMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . :   15
To module . . . . . . . . . :   QSROBJEC
To procedure  . . . . . . . :   qsrSendObjectMsg__FP6qsrMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . :   15
Message . . . . :   Object in use.  Object is
/home/QIBMHELP/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.2/configuration/org.eclipse
.osgi/.manager/.tmp2354697704417634823.instance.
Cause . . . . . :   An operation attempted to use object

There are two of these objects that can not be saved and I am not really sure what they are and I had not run into this before. QIBMHELP is IBM Help Server Support interface for the Infocenter. It also provides a framework (using Eclipse) that allows applications to write to it.

I don’t know why it took me so long but after an hour of searching and learning all I could about QIBMHELP I found this IBM Tech Note.

Simple enough, if IBM suggests to omit it during the IFS save then so be it.

~Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment