Monday, December 19, 2011

Another successful upgrade to V6R1.....

Just got back home after another successful IBMi I5/OS V6R1 upgrade. I drove down to Ft. Lauderdale Thursday morning and stayed with my good friend and excellent programmer Rick Santiago. Him and his wife provided a place to sleep and great hospitality.

I spent 12 hours Friday, 12 hours Saturday and two on Sunday to complete the upgrade. I had an issue with installing one licensed program and failed to accomplish the extra credit of switching the console from Twinax to console on the LAN. I will post more details in the coming days.

The scope of work also included setting up a Sonicwall TZ100 firewall with VPN access.

Over all the upgrade is a success, and the company is functioning as normal this morning. The customer is very satisfied and has more work for me on the VAI System 2000 software setting up the General Ledger report writer and creating an Income Statement and P&L.

Have a great week!

~Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment