Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mapping the receiving and shipping process

With all the master file update/sync programs completed I am at a point where I have to dig into the business processes. It is relatively easy to take data from here and put in over there in a different format.

This is a welcomed break from programming. Some of the business processes have not been ironed out and I can not program the interface without further testing of the Island Pacific, MidRetail processes and business decisions agreed on.

Since Wednesday I am working on identifying the current process and exactly what the issues are. Here is the basic flow of the process and modifications. The yellow and green are new processes.

This is the first time I am working with a JIT operation. The current process is extremely manual and a ton of opportunities exists. I am pretty excited at the idea of helping the IT department integrate and update the current business systems.



I forgot to copy data files and programs to my thumb drive Friday afternoon so I will not be able to do some testing I planned. Oh well guess I will have to take the dogs to the park instead. ;)
Have a great weekend!

~Richard



If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.  ~Milton Berle

2 comments:

  1. Really Good Post!!

    www.shippinginternational.com based in San Francisco and Oakland, California. We specialize in loading up to 4 cars in a one 40' container. We use 4" X 4" or 4" X 6" heat-treated wood beams with chain and heavy duty straps to secure your automobile in the container.
    shipping worldwide

    ReplyDelete