Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Finish the day with a win.

I have my SQLRPGLE daily sales program to working and loaded sales into the MIDRetail application with a few errors to chase. Only 145 errors in over 45,000 records processed. I’ll be on the hunt in the morning. I also found out that my source data file is missing April thru July sales, don’t think I’ll get 52 weeks of sales from that file. Rut Ro!

I got another service call around 6:00PM, the user could not SNDST from the iSeries to a Domino server. The user is a Unix admin and knew a little about the iSeries. I walked him through checking the TCP setting and Directory entries. Found the problem in the SMTPA configuration, wrong mail router specified.

Always great to finish off the day with a win and a positive email.

Hi Xxx,

Our AS400 issue is solved quickly by Richard.
I really want to you know how happy I am about Richard's work.

He is very knowledgeable about AS400 system and can quickly pin point the
problem with no time.
I would like to say " Thank you very much for your help"

Best Regards,
xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
Senior UNIX System Administrator

I am not sure how this has happened, my day work of iSeries operations has become my night job and my night work of programming has become my day job.

~Richard

Patience is the companion of wisdom.  ~St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment