I have my SQLRPGLE daily sales program to working and loaded sales into the MIDRetail application with a few errors to chase. Only 145 errors in over 45,000 records processed. I’ll be on the hunt in the morning. I also found out that my source data file is missing April thru July sales, don’t think I’ll get 52 weeks of sales from that file. Rut Ro!
I got another service call around 6:00PM, the user could not SNDST from the iSeries to a Domino server. The user is a Unix admin and knew a little about the iSeries. I walked him through checking the TCP setting and Directory entries. Found the problem in the SMTPA configuration, wrong mail router specified.
Always great to finish off the day with a win and a positive email.
Our AS400 issue is solved quickly by Richard.
I really want to you know how happy I am about Richard's work.
He is very knowledgeable about AS400 system and can quickly pin point the
problem with no time.
I would like to say " Thank you very much for your help"
Senior UNIX System Administrator
I am not sure how this has happened, my day work of iSeries operations has become my night job and my night work of programming has become my day job.
Patience is the companion of wisdom. ~St. Augustine